The process is as follows:
- We will request some basic information from you.
- We will forward a Power of Attorney (the standard one required by SARS) for you to sign and return to us.
- We will obtain a status update from SARS and perform an initial assessment at a fixed rate of R750.00 to confirm your current standing, and confirm additional service fees from here as and if required.
- From here we schedule a meeting for discussing your tax return (should this be deemed necessary).
- During the meeting, we will provide feedback on your current SARS status and basic guidance on how to improve your tax position, if possible, taken your circumstances.
- We will provide you with an exact tax computation.
- Subsequent to the meeting, we will e-mail you a copy of your tax return.
- We will email you a copy of the tax assessment received from SARS.
- We will object to any incorrect tax assessments by SARS on your behalf.
We will provide special rates and same service to employees who are provisional taxpayers, have rental income, property transactions, share trading activity etc.
Deadlines for Income Tax Returns Submissions
The periods within which income tax returns must be furnished are for companies within 12 months after the end of the financial year end and for all other persons, which includes natural persons and trusts:
- On, or before 22 September 2017 for all manually submitted income tax returns;
- On, or before 24 November 2017 for all income tax returns submitted by using the SARS eFiling platform or electronically through the assistance of a SARS official at an office of SARS;
- On, or before 31 January 2018 if the return relates to a provisional taxpayer and is submitted by using the SARS eFiling platform